Johannesburg Temple

Johannesburg Temple
Johannesburg Temple

Monday, June 1, 2015

Very Interesting Week!

My heart goes out to the Perry Family as they have just lost Elder L. Tom Perry.  He was such a great man and I loved the opportunities I've had to learn from his general conference addresses and will remember his words forever.  I'll see you soon Elder Perry.

I don't even know where to start, I have so much to talk about in so little time.  First, we were at a member's home on Wednesday night and we got to talking about the last days and Sister Anita mentioned Yellowstone Park and the huge volcano there that could erupt.  I thought that was so amazing that people know about that all the way across the world. 

Friday was a pretty crazy one.  We had Zone Meetings in the morning; it is always nice to go back to Rynfield and to see the rest of the zone.  We had a sweet meeting and I was able to learn a lot.  From there we went to eat at Roman's Pizza and then went to our area.  We put the bikes on a bike rack on the back of the car and they take us to the area.  On the way, my bike tire wheel fell off and disappeared.  We tried to go back and find it, but someone must have picked it up and kept it.  Hopefully we will be able to get a replacement this week, so we are not walking everywhere.  Later that night, I almost got robbed at an ATM, but I was able to see what the robbers were doing and stopped them.  They rig the ATM machines to take your card just like they tried to do to me almost two years ago in Bedfordview. 

We had a ward movie night on Saturday where we watched Meet the Mormons.  It was so nice to see and really pumped me up for these last couple of months.  The ward is improving and we are doing lots of great work.  The lessons increase each week as do the people we are teaching.  I wish I could write more, but I need to go.  

This Church is true and all will be able to make more of their lives as they learn to let God in and feel His love.

Have a great week.


Elder Segil


No comments:

Post a Comment