Johannesburg Temple

Johannesburg Temple
Johannesburg Temple

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Busy Week!

This week went by super fast and we were able to do so much.  On Tuesday we went to transfers and sadly I had to say goodbye to my trainer Elder Dutson.  His two years are up and he is now back in Idaho.  I will soon follow him back to BYUI!  I also got to say goodbye to Elders Cazier, Malapula and Tye.  I will miss you guys.

It was Elder Loveless's Birthday on Wednesday and we went to the Van Zyl's house for dinner.  It was super nice and I just love going to their home.  He is now 21 years old.

We had a ward activity on Friday, which was so much fun.  We used the gym floor and made a giant chess board as well as snakes and ladders.  We were the game pieces and had weapons of war to use when defeating the opponent. We also played life size Jengo with wood blocks. Lekker Stuff! There was a great turn out and I hope to have one more activity before I leave.

The next day, being Saturday, we went to the Temple for baptisms, which was so nice.  We were able to go with our ward and had such a great time. I love being inside the Temple and feeling the presence of the Lord.  

On Sunday we had our investigator come to church and two Nigerian guys came as well.  It was pretty sweet.  During Sacrament meeting we found out the the Johannesburg mission, under the direction of the quorum of the twelve Apostles, will be split.  The province of Limpopo and area of Pretoria are now part of the Botswana/Namibia mission.  All the missionaries serving up there are no longer part of the Joburg mission.  They will be missed.

It has been a wonderful week and this week will be even better.  I love you all and hope you have a great week.

Elder Segil



















No comments:

Post a Comment