Johannesburg Temple

Johannesburg Temple
Johannesburg Temple

Monday, June 8, 2015

Super Cold Week!


Wow, winter has come to South Africa as I have worn two sweaters and a scarf everyday this week.  I'm pretty sure after being here for almost two years that I now have African blood.  The worst part is, is there is zero insulation in the buildings here, so the inside of most buildings is the same temperature as the outside.  I stay nice and warm with my stuff, but does get cool as we ride the bikes after the sun sets.

This week went by super quick as they all do and a lot got done.  We are continuing to work with the members and all is going well there.  We had zone conference in Bedfordview this last Wednesday and I sure learned a lot.  Most of the topics we discussed will greatly help us back home such as being self reliant and having integrity.  I enjoyed it a lot.  We also did a 30 second elevator speech with Sister Dunn, which really will be useful in the business world.  

We were able to get another bike this week after what happened last week, so that was sweet.  Somehow I popped my tire, so I had to patch that.  It was a sweet week and I look forward to the coming week.

Hope you all have a great week.

Elder Segil 




No comments:

Post a Comment