Johannesburg Temple

Johannesburg Temple
Johannesburg Temple

Monday, January 26, 2015

Follow the Spirit!

Well I believe this week went by so fast that it was over before it even started, but hey who knows.  Everyday we go to the village of Phokeng to drop off and pick up the Elders.  We go to the Mapeka's home and play with the kids.  They are a lot of fun as you can see.


Sana and I


He really wanted to put my hearing aid in, so I let him.  He really wants a pair and I assured him and told him trust me, no you don't.  He hears fine, just likes the sound they make, as does everyone.

Favorite South African weather.

Love the green mixed with the clouds.

This is a snap shot of my area in Rustenburg.  Most of the houses are built along side the mountains or hills compared to Montana.

We went to Krugerdorp on Friday for Zone Meeting, which was a lot of fun.  I enjoy our zone and seeing all of them.  Other than that, we are still teaching a bunch of people and all is going well.  Last week I was called on by the Bishop just a few minutes before Sacrament meeting to give a talk, so that was sweet.  The spirit prompted me to speak on "Recognizing the Spirit."  All of us are born with the knowledge of what is good and what is evil.  This is known as the "Light of Christ."  When we feel joy, peace, long suffering, meekness or anything like unto it, we feel the spirit, which can come upon all people in different times if they are worthy.  If you wish to have these feelings all the time, you must be baptized by the true authority of God.  I know these things to be truth and is what I have done for the past 17 months.  This church is true and only by the power of the Holy Ghost will you be able to know as well.  Study the scriptures, pray and seek out answers to your questions.  If you don't have a desire, you will never know until it is too late.  This is my promise and testimony to all.

Have a great week everybody and talk to you in February.

Elder Segil


No comments:

Post a Comment