Johannesburg Temple

Johannesburg Temple
Johannesburg Temple

Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year!!!

Wow what an awesome week and year this has been.  I have spent the entire year of 2014 laboring is this beautiful vineyard of South Africa.  I have been very fortunate to have traveled around to many parts and seen many different cultures.  I made a goal at the end of 2013 to bare my testimony every fast Sunday and I am happy to say I did it and will continue to do so.  I have stood in front of wards, branches and groups and testified of so many great things.  The most important is that God lives and loves each one of us.  His son Jesus Christ did come to this earth to perform the Atonement so that all of us could return to our Father in Heaven.  I think the best part was hearing each and every one of the members, whether they be young or old, bare their testimony about this true church.  It is quite an amazing sight.

As you can see I have posted many pictures and I hope you will all enjoy them.  The first ones are from a place called Sun City, which is located way up in the Northwest part of South Africa.  It is very beautiful and I look forward to taking the family here one day.

Sweet maze that of course we got lost in, but managed to overcome.  As with all things, no matter how lost you may feel, you can always overcome and why not ask for a little help along the way from someone who only wants what's best for you.

The bridge to the maze!

The Great Sun City!

Two weeks ago we had lunch with the Ntiso family. I made stuffed burgers and Elder Mead made his special pancakes.  It was a lot of fun and the best part was the food the members made for us.  Scroll down for some delicious food shots!

Stuffed burgers!!!!

Mead's Pancake Galore!

For the Finale we had chicken hearts, pap and achar (made with rotten mangoes).  Yummy yummy eh?


 This last week we went to Nonofo and Shato's home.  They are a brother and sister in our ward that are a lot of fun.  They help us so much with missionary work and are two awesome people.  I love them so much.  We decided to have a mexican night, so Elder Mead and I made enchiladas and they made hard shell tacos.  It was so nice.  It has been a while since I have had Mexican food.

Ready to bake!

Ready to eat!

Ok, so this is the first dishwasher I have seen since I have been in South Africa and I had to take  a picture of it.  It made me so trunky!

Excellent, so this week we had the baptisms of Maili and Kelebogile.  They both went super well and this is such a sweet way to start off the year 2015!



 Well last, but not least.  This is the Elders car in Phokeng after a member pulled the emergency brake and they skidded on the dirt road into a pole.  It was not a pretty sight as you can see, but thankfully no one was was hurt and everyone walked away.  Now we have one car vs. two all the way up here, so this will be an interesting few weeks until the car is fixed.  Other then that Life is awesome.


Well everyone, I hope you all had a sweet year of 2014 and I hope you will make 2015 even better.  I love you all and will talk to you next week.

Cheers, Elder Segil

No comments:

Post a Comment