Johannesburg Temple

Johannesburg Temple
Johannesburg Temple

Monday, December 29, 2014

Last Post of 2014

Wow, my last Christmas week away from home.  I look forward to the next one when I am back in America.  This week was so much fun and I can't even believe how fast it went.  On Monday, we went to a members home and they fed us a nice Mexican dinner.  We had enchiladas with some nice bread.  From there we had an unlimited amount of dessert.  When I was done, I didn't dare eat more for fear of seriouly hurting myself.  It was with the Smith family from the Rustenburg Ward.  The Phokeng Elders joined us and it was lots of fun.

Tuesday we had a solid day in the area and then headed to Joburg later on.  We stayed at my old flat in Protea Glen with the Elders.  We stopped by Dominos along the way, which is always nice.  On Christmas day, we had a huge gathering of Missionaries at the mission home and celebrated Christmas as a mission.  We had a sweet breakfast prepared by the senior couples and then received a present from the members in our mission area.  They all joined together with mission and family members of missionaries to allow each missionary to have a present.  It was so nice and I am grateful to all those who helped,  Thank you!  Later on we gathered in the chapel to have a special surprise.  We got to watch the new movie, "Meet the Mormons".  It was so good and hope you will all get a chance to see it.  From there we played sports with the whole mission.  We had dodgeball, soccer, rugby, basketball and volleyball.  It was a lot of fun and unfortunately I got a little sunburned.  Happens eh?

Well the best part of the day was being able to skype home to the family.  I had a great chat with them and can't believe it had been almost eight months since the last skype.  Only eight months to go!  Time is flying!!

The rest of the week went super well.  On Saturday, we went to a member's house and made some American food for them.  I made stuffed burgers and Elder Mead made his own pancakes.  The Ntiso family made us Chicken hearts with some pap and achar.  The chicken hearts were surprisingly really good and I might buy some myself for this week. You don't know how good it is until you try it.  It has an interesting texture that when you bite into it, it feels tough, but becomes soft.  I guess you guys will have to try it for yourselves.  I would post a picture, but my camera is acting weird.

Ok last, but not least we went to Sun City today up in northern Northwest.  It was so beautiful and a lot of fun.  I will try and post some pictures next week.  I love you all and hope you have a Happy New Year.

Cheers, Elder Segil

No comments:

Post a Comment