Johannesburg Temple

Johannesburg Temple
Johannesburg Temple

Monday, December 15, 2014

So much to do So little time!

I have made so many new friends while e-mailing they're called cockroaches and they keep coming up to me and stare at me like I'm this crazy human being that might kill them. Luckily for them, they are impossible to kill, so I don't even try. If you can't beat em, join em. On the downside, it gets really hot in these e-mail shops down here in Africa and sweat runs down my face as I type and sometimes it feels like one of my new friends is trying to get a closer look. Most of the time it isn't. Thank goodness.

This past week was just so awesome and this week is starting off equally great. Yesterday after lunch and seeing a few investigators, we were not sure what to do, so we pondered on it and decided to go visit a Family we haven't seen for a while. We saw them and had a very powerful lesson. As we were leaving, a little girl knocked on the door of our car and says, "My Mom wants you to come and pray with her." We of course said yes and followed her to the house. Her mother and father greeted us and we sat down at their table. They gave us cold drink and we began to tell them about who we were. The mother said she had seen us a few times and always wanted us to come. She was just going to give us cold drink to take if we were to busy to stay. We opened with a prayer and shared the whole Restoration with them. We asked them half way through if they would like us to stop, but they insisted we keep going. The Spirit was so strong, I know our Father in Heaven has been preparing this family. The father and the mother loved everything and can't wait for us to come back. All I can say is I LOVE MY JOB! 

Last Tuesday we went down to Joburg for something called the mission tour. It was Presided over by Elder Carl B. Cook of the Seventy. It was a great learning experience and was so cool to learn from Elder Cook. Since it is such a long drive, we stayed at my last flat with my last companion. It was a lot of fun and the best part was getting Domino's Pizza. You guys don't know how good you have it. I haven't had real pizza in so long and it was simply amazing. 

We are teaching lots of great people and life is going so well. It's scary to me to think how long I have left on my mission, it is going by so fast and I am running out of time. Elder Mead and I are working hard and making sure to finish strong. I love this work and will forever. How can you not love bring joy and peace to people that have never felt it. This message gives them hope and strength to keep going and not to give up. There is life beyond this one, I know it. Let me leave you with some food for thought. If there is no life after death, then we die and never know. If there is life, then that means the scriptures were telling the truth. If they were telling the truth about life after death, then you can be sure they were telling the truth about everything else. President Hinckley once said, “You have not failed until you quit trying.”

Love you all and have a great week.

Elder Segil

No comments:

Post a Comment