Johannesburg Temple

Johannesburg Temple
Johannesburg Temple

Monday, September 15, 2014

The Best Year!

Wow, one year ago today, I was set apart as a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  I cannot express my thoughts and feelings on the matter anymore that to say I know, without a doubt, that it has been the best year of my life.  I have spent everyday laboring and serving the people of South Africa and can truly say I have seen people's lives changed for the better when they learn to put their trust in God. 

South Africa is an interesting place.  It is not like most places around the world.  I guess you could say it's in its own little world.  As I have traveled around this country, I have seen vast wealth and in more abundance, vast poverty.  I have had the wonderful opportunity to work in three completely different settings.  Those being a very wealthy area, a village, and a township.  As I have labored in these vineyards, I have been rejected and despise by the rich and I have been cared for and blessed by those who have nothing.  Many times my heart has been broken because these people, who are so very poor have given me all they have and have done it with such love.  They know they will be blessed and they know who to put their trust in.  

I love my mission and I love South Africa and this next year is going to be even better than the last!  I will make sure of it.  This last week, I had the opportunity of returning to my first area of Bedfordview for a Zone conference.  It was so great to be there in that familiar area, especially with my first companion Elder Dutson.  We are in the same Zone and it was so sweet to be back in this part of the mission with him.  It is the area I was born in and will truly love and miss forever.  The conference went well and I am so excited to be working with President and Sister Dunn in this part of the world. 


 
President and Sister Dunn and I!

I leave you now with the knowledge I have obtained through the different trials and experiences in my life.  I have come to know someone greater than myself.  Someone who knows me more than I know myself and loves me unconditionally.  Some call Him God, some call Him Perfect, Loving, Compassionate and Forgiving.  I call Him Father and you know what?  He's not only my Father, but He's your Father as well.  He knows you and loves you more than you could ever imagine.  Take the time to get to know Him.   He speaks to you and He is just waiting for you to respond.  It is my Testimony that God lives and along side Him is His son, Jesus Christ.  Through these two all powerful, divine beings, all is possible.  All we have to do is have FAITH and believe that there is something more than just us.  You can and will one day know Him.  This I know and say in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

Elder Segil

No comments:

Post a Comment