Johannesburg Temple

Johannesburg Temple
Johannesburg Temple

Monday, September 22, 2014

Hey Hey Hey

Hello, Hello.  It has been another great week here in Sebokeng.  Not too much happened so I guess I'll just tell you what I did throughout the week.  Monday after e-mailing we went shopping and played sports down at the complex.  We live in a nice place that has a soccer field and swimming pool next to a river.  We have lots of fun there. 
 
On Tuesday, we had exchanges with the Assistants to the President.  Everything went well and we had a good time.  The last time I had exchanges with them was in October, so it has been a while.  They are super busy throughout the whole mission, so not too often we get to go with them.  On Wednesday, the most exciting thing that happened, besides seeing a whole bunch of people, was Lesedi a member's daughter accidentally peed on me.  Darn her!!!  I felt something warm and then all of the sudden I was wet.  I love her so much and I know she loves me as well.  In church or at her home, she always comes to me and when her mom Tumi takes her away she starts crying.  I love when I leave the house because she starts waddling over to me and crying for me to come back.  The funny thing is, is she was born on almost the exact day I got to South Africa.  Good stuff aye?  
 
Thursday was a normal day and so was Friday.  One Saturday we had a real treat.  We went to Bedfordview, my first area, to listen to the new first counselor of the Africa Southeast area, Elder Ellis.  He is a very nice guy and glad to have him here.  My favorite part of going to Bedfordview was seeing all of the members that I use to work with.  One named Mrs. Mahara was so surprised to see me that she screamed her lungs out inside the church for all to hear.  I enjoyed it very much. It was also sweet to be there with my first companion, Elder Dutson.  It almost felt like we never left.   I miss that area and it will always be close to my heart.  Sunday was awesome as always.  We had some great speakers and the spirit was strong.
 
A lot of work is getting done in Sebokeng with the four of us missionaries. 
 
Have a great week everybody!
 
Elder Segil

No comments:

Post a Comment