Johannesburg Temple

Johannesburg Temple
Johannesburg Temple

Monday, August 25, 2014

Good Old Sebokeng!


Hey everybody.  It feels like just yesterday I was on here.  Where does the time go?  Anyway, it was another great week here in Sebokeng and everything is going well.   I had interviews with President Dunn on Wednesday, which went very well.  He and Sister Dunn are so awesome and I am so happy to be working with them in this part of the world.  They are carrying on with the hard work and dedication that President and Sister Omer started.  It is truly a great time to be in Africa.

In other news, I lost my driving privileges because I got a ticket going 77 km in a 60 km zone.  I got the ticket back in June and the offices just got it in the mail.  I will not be able to drive until October, so that will be alright.  I am really enjoying walking and have gotten into better shape.  Luckily, the weather is still cool, so I'm not dying from the heat.

We went bowling as a zone last Monday which was a lot of fun.  We bowled two games and I took second in both.  The first one I lost by two and the second by like seven.  Don't worry I'll get 'em next time.  You get a little rusty when you don't play for a year or two.  

The Vaal Zone!


So about two weeks ago, a guy stole a bottle of cooking oil from a tuck shop and the owner shot the guy dead.  The owner was from Somalia, as are most of the tuck shop owners.  The person killed was a South African.  The South Africans got angry and started killing and beating up any foreigners in the area.  We got a call from a member and we were told not to come to the area, so we listened and went to Vereeniging to work instead.  After a few days, it cooled down and we were able to go back to work in Sebokeng.   I wasn't too worried about my safety because they were going after people that live in Somalia or the areas surrounding it.  One area being Kenya, which is where Elder Kalani is from, so we had to make sure to stay away for a bit, especially since we are walking now.  This happened about two or three weeks ago, so all is well in Sebokeng.  The work is continuing to move forward. 

tuck shop is a small, food-selling retailer. It is a term principally used in the UK, Ireland, Grenada, South Africa, New Zealand, & the Australian states



Well that about does it for this week.  I hope you all have a great week and will talk to you next time.

Cheers, Elder Segil


No comments:

Post a Comment