Johannesburg Temple

Johannesburg Temple
Johannesburg Temple

Monday, August 11, 2014

Earthquake!


I guess the earthquake we had on Tuesday didn't make national news because nobody asked me about it.  There was a 5.3 earthquake on Tuesday, which resulted from one of the mines up north, I believe.  Kind of hard to keep up on all this stuff.  Last I heard, only one person died.  I was in the Chapel when it happened and it was the coolest thing.  I heard it first and with my weird hearing, I thought it was just a car outside.  It got louder and then the building started to shake.  I was in the chapel, so I could feel and hear everything.  It was a cool experience and it was the first earthquake I have been a part of.

After the earthquake, there was a fight going on outside with the school kids.  It got pretty nasty and the teachers had to come.  The teachers whipped out their belts and the kids started running. It was quite funny to watch.  It is a really great community here.

We also saw a drunk guy fall into a stream of sewer water.  I'm sorry to say it, but it was pretty funny.  Well that was Tuesday.  I'd say it was a pretty good day.



Got my World Cup clothes on! 

I painted that wall.  Doesn't it look great!!!!

Got a group together and played some soccer.


Well it was another great and quick week.  Feels like just yesterday I was here e-mailing.  Well hope you all have a great week.

Cheers, Elder Segil

1 comment:

  1. We are serving in the South Africa Johannesburg mission and in the same zone as elder Segil. Recently we were able to be with him and the zone at a zone training meeting and then the next week to be in his flat for an inspection. We love the positive attitude and great smile he always has. It is truly a blessing to get to know the elders and share their great spirits.

    ReplyDelete