Johannesburg Temple

Johannesburg Temple
Johannesburg Temple

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

KRUGER PARK!

It was another awesome week up here in the Northeast.  Kruger Park was amazing and we saw so many animals.  The park is a huge land mass with a road that runs through it.  There is no guarantee that you will see anything.  Some people drive through it and see all the animals, while others see none.  We drove for about six to seven hours and we were the lucky ones.  We saw Zebras, Elephants, Rhinos, Giraffes, Buffalo's, Monkeys, Hyenas and so much more.  Unfortunately the e-mail shop I am in won't allow me to upload pictures, so I don't know when I will be able to put them up.  I will try my best.

We got the Bokkie back this week, so that was sweet.  Driving up in these villages and dirt road areas never gets old.  I love every moment of it.  The people are so powerful here, especially the kids.  There are a few families that have kids and their parents don't go to church, so the kids walk to church by themselves.  These kids are like ages 5 to 10 and they are walking in the dark in the middle of these unsafe areas.  They always manage to make it safely guided by the Lord.

Oh another thing we saw this week was the South Africa Baobab tree.  It is over 6000 years old and it is still living.  It is the biggest thing I have ever seen.  Crazy to think this tree was planted that long ago.  They carved out the inside and did some really cool stuff with it.

I had a talk last week in Matupa, which went very well.  I spoke out of the November 2013 Ensign.  The title of the talk is "Look Forward and Believe," by Elder Dube.  It went well, but I could not stop sweating.  The church building is a little one story hut type deal and it was so hot, especially with my suit on.  I made it, but man is this African sun hot.  Wow!

Well we have a Baptism coming up on the 2nd, so that is pretty exciting.  It is actually his birthday today, so we are gonna go see him.  It was a great week and I hope you all had a good one as well.  Sorry there are no pictures.  You guys are really missing out.  I will try my best, but have a great week and enjoy the life that you're blessed with.

Cheers, Elder Segil

No comments:

Post a Comment