Johannesburg Temple

Johannesburg Temple
Johannesburg Temple

Monday, June 23, 2014

I love South Africa!


It was a super good week here in Sebokeng.  I really enjoy being in a township.  The people are all so nice and welcoming.  Another thing that's awesome is the food.  This is called Skampane or a Kota.  It consists of a quarter loaf of bread, chips (Fries), polony (meat) and tomato sauce.  Healthy stuff aye?  haha the best part is, is it only cost six rand, which is equivalent to about sixty cents.  This thing could end world hunger.  Good thing it's in Africa.



BEAUTIFUL

Wanna Bite?

Yes!


So as we were driving we saw these guys with a horse attached to their trailer thing.  I thought is was a sweet way to travel.  I might have to get me one of them and go tracting.




 It has been getting cold here and there are fires everywhere.  Last night I saw a women in her front yard standing next to her bushes which were on fire.  I think they grow out their bushes and grass, so when winter comes they can burn them to stay warm.  Which brings me to my next topic.  Last night as we were going to an appointment, there were people throwing huge rocks and stones onto the paved roads.  They were doing this because their power was out and they were cold.  I don't know how this would solve the problem, but I guess it works.


Well that pretty much sums up the week.  I hope you all have a good one.

Cheers, Elder Segil

No comments:

Post a Comment