Johannesburg Temple

Johannesburg Temple
Johannesburg Temple

Monday, June 16, 2014

Goodbye Modjadji and Hello Sebokeng!

Well well well, looks like we have another Monday upon us.

I have left the hot Limpopo and have come down to the cold Gauteng.  It's funny, it is really not that cold, but I am so use to the heat.  It is definitely a lot easier to sleep at nights down here, so that's a plus.

My new area is Sebokeng, Gauteng.  It is a very large township about an hour from Joburg.  I really love it here and the members are amazing.  They are so nice and a lot of fun.  I have been asked some pretty funny questions.  One of them said.  "How do you say hello in your language?" I thought that was pretty funny.  I love the area, except it is very dusty and full of dirt.  

Sebokeng. Not the best picture.  Will include more soon.

Next, my new companion's name is Elder Arthur.  He is from Ghana.  He has been out for three months and I am follow-up training him.  He is 22 and turns 23 next month.  I am having a good time with him and he is a hard worker.  He was a stake missionary for six months in Ghana before he came, so he knows his stuff.  I understand him pretty well. I think he has a harder time, because his English is average.  He does a great job though.  Oh man, he is such a good cook and has made dinner almost every night.  He is a sweet guy.  

Elder Arthur and I

Man going from the Bakkie to a small Chevy was so weird.  I have been driving a manual for almost five months and then switching to automatic was just crazy for me.  I drove over 17,000 kilometers in the Limpopo.   I have finally adjusted to the Chevy and can't believe how easy an automatic is.  I really enjoyed driving a Manuel and might consider getting one when I return home.  We shall see.

So easy!

I am enjoying my time so far and can't wait to meet more people.  I would like to leave you with my testimony that I know that God Lives and He loves each one of us.  I was recently pondering the question why miracles happen to people who don't go to church.  God works through faith and with faith all things are possible.  He loves all of his children and wants to bless all of them.  It all begins with a seed of faith and it is up to us to nourish that seed.  God is not going to nourish that seed for us, He has already done enough.  Nourish that seed and all things are possible, I promise you miracles will come to pass in your lives.   This is my testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

Have a great week everybody.

Elder Segil

No comments:

Post a Comment