Johannesburg Temple

Johannesburg Temple
Johannesburg Temple

Monday, November 18, 2013

Good Monday everybody.  This was another great and quick week here in Bedfordview.  Sorry if I scared you with last weeks post.  I can't scare you in person, so I have to figure out another way to it.  This week was full of hot weather, crazy hail, and lightning storms.  Johannesburg is called lightning capital of the world and I took a couple of pictures just to show you.

                                      






As you can see we get lightning here like no other.  What is even more scary is this lightning will come over top of us and when you hear the thunder, it feels like a bomb just went off above you and taking cover happens involuntarily.  The hail we get here is amazing.  I was talking to some members and they said they got hail stones the size of golf balls.  We were unfortunately not that lucky and got ones that were slightly larger then marbles.  Our car is messed up with dents from hail storms.





 We have a new member of the household.  We found this little guy trying to climb our wall, when we got home.  Elder Dutson and I put him in a jar and fed him some lettuce and eventually let him go free.  They grow up so fast, don't they!



Well as my Dad reminded me, only 95 more weeks to go.  It is crazy to think that two months ago yesterday I left little old Bozeman airport and after many flying hours, landed in Johannesburg, South Africa.  The culture and the people here are amazing.  Don't tell my family this, but I could live here one day.  I just finished my first missionary planner, which is about a six week period.  Only sixteen more planners to go.

This Thanksgiving will be the first time that I will not be with the family in Arizona.  It is going to be hard, but it will be for the better.  The way I think about it is I  will be gone for two Thanksgivings, so when this one is done, only one more to go.

We had five of the people we are teaching come to church this week, which was awesome.  Four of them have baptismal dates coming up on the 8th of December, so that should be pretty sweet.  There names are Hazwell, Fiona, Happy and Vincent.  All very nice and sweet people that Elder Dutson and I have come to love.

I am running out of time, but I want all to know who may read this that God lives and loves you.  I know that this is the true Gospel and you can know it to.

Have a spectacular week everybody.

Elder Segil





No comments:

Post a Comment