Johannesburg Temple

Johannesburg Temple
Johannesburg Temple

Monday, November 25, 2013

21st Birthday!

Thinking back, I would have never thought that I would be in Africa on my 21st Birthday or really at any point in my life.  It was an awesome birthday as you can see.

Elder Dutson and I having Buffalo Jerky.  Thank you Dalonda 

 Started my Birthday in Alexandra.

Yes!

Crazy Kids!

No Mom and Grandma, It is not as good as yours!

The Mahara family.  This is the first family I met in the field.  They made me a cake and are the best.  We will be going to their home on Christmas, if I am still here in Bedfordview.

Good stuff!


As you can see it gets a little crazy around here.  Well as I mentioned before my Birthday was a blast and I want to thank all of you for the Birthday wishes.  I sorry I have not written you back, but I will make sure to next week, when I have a little more time.


 YUMMY, YUMMY

Ok, so I had to take a picture of this bug because I have never seen anything like it.  It is hard to see how big it is, but just think of the size of a Tarantula then you will get the idea.  I know what you are all thinking and no I did not eat it.  Yet!

I guess South Africa does have everything!


Wow this week flew by and so much happened.  We met lots a new and exciting people.  The day I went  to Alexandra was crazy.  First I was the only white person around and I kept looking at my skin thinking, wow I'm white.  I went on companion exchanges, so my companion was black as well.   It is so funny, some of the kids here have never seen a white person before, so they surround me and start grabbing my skin.  They call me Mlungu, which means white man.  I drove that day because no one else could and holy crap, the streets in Alexandra are crazy and there are people everywhere, not to mention the crazy taxi drivers.  Well, that is all the time I have, so have a great Thanksgiving everyone and remember try not to waste food, there are people starving in Africa.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment