Johannesburg Temple

Johannesburg Temple
Johannesburg Temple

Monday, October 20, 2014

So many Puppies!

Awe yes, another great week in Sebokeng.  As you can see, two of the families here had puppies this week and I got to play with all of them.  These small things bring me such great joy!



I wish I could take him home!

 Puppies for everyone!
Love this kid!

I love puppies!

10 kgs of Pap for $6 that will last months!

Ebraham and I in his shop

We did some yard work for Tumi and her mom.  I always enjoy doing service in the blazing hot sun of Africa.  What?  I do!  I don't think there is anything better then cleaning up a yard with weeds and trash and looking at it when you are all done.  You can imagine some people who have lots of trash and weeds in their life that need to be cleaned up.  Imagine how great they feel when they are clean and free from all that rubbish.  I can easily say, I have the greatest job in the world,  I can help people get back on track.  No matter how many weeds are in their lives, they can always be pulled out and done away with.  You can only pull out one at a time.  Some are deep and take a little more digging, but they will come out as we do what is right.  Some weeds break and come back.  We just have to try a little harder and make sure we get the whole weed root and all.  It is possible, I know you can do it.  But hey why do it alone, why not ask someone for help.  We had four people working on this yard and it got done in about an hour.  Imagine if it was just me pulling all the weeds.  Even with the four of us, some weeds will grow back.  This is why we need to ask our Father in Heaven for help.  He is the only one who can help us destroy these weeds forever. 

Got some work to do!

It was hot, I had to take off the tie!

Look at that!

More Puppies!

 LOVE IT!

Saturdays in Sebokeng!

Cheers, everyone!  Have a great week!

Elder Segil

1 comment:

  1. What a great post. I especially enjoyed his comparing the weeds and trash in a yard with those in our lives and how he can help people clean up that in their lives through inviting them to come unto Christ by helping them to receive the restored gospel. We enjoy the short time we have had each month with elder Segil as we inspect his flat or see him in Zone Training meeting.

    ReplyDelete