Johannesburg Temple

Johannesburg Temple
Johannesburg Temple

Friday, April 25, 2014

Take A Chance

Hey everybody, I can't believe it's been two weeks since my last post.  We had a baptism this past Sunday, which went super well.  His name is Felix Kwaku Agortimevor.  Have fun trying to pronounce that one.  He is an awesome guy from Ghana, who is here trying to find work.  He has a great family back in Ghana that will soon come join him in the waters of baptism.  Here is his awesome conversion story.  

One night not long ago, he had a dream where he was praying about the Book of Mormon and an angel appeared to him in his dream, and said look to my right.  He did and saw two white women crying and bearing their testimony about the Book of Mormon.  The next day he went to church for the first time and it was Fast Sunday.  The two white women that were in his dream got up and bore their testimony about the truthfulness of the book of Mormon and this Church.  Ever since then he has come to church and strengthened his faith in Christ.  I am so happy to have met Felix and helped him take the first step in to the waters of Baptism. 
 
In other news, this week has, well actually these last two weeks, have really flown by.  No other work is greater than God's work and I have seen this everyday in my work.  I don't have much else to say except this Gospel is true.  The sooner you take the first step and take a leap of faith the better.  I leave you now with my testimony.  My name is Keaton Segil.  Seven months ago last week, I was set apart as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I have labored hard and diligently for these past seven months and have seen miracles come to pass.  We have a Father in Heaven that loves us and is waiting to help us, but first we must ask.  Don't take my word for it.  Take a chance and pray.  Not only do I promise, but God promises that if you pray with a sincere heart and with real intent He will manifest the truth of it unto you.  I know and have seen this every single day for the past seven months.  Take a chance, I promise you, you won't regret it.

These things I testify in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
 
Elder Segil





No comments:

Post a Comment