Johannesburg Temple

Johannesburg Temple
Johannesburg Temple

Monday, January 13, 2014

Hows it!

Hows it!  Another great week here in Bedfordview.  This week went by so fast that I am having a hard time remembering what happened.  Good thing I have my planner!  Elder Dutson and I started off the week with family home evening at the Baird's home.  They ordered pizza and we taught the whole family about how important it is to follow the Prophet because he knows the way!  It is really hard to eat healthy on a mission because members like to have you over for a meal and they usually have dessert with it.  But hey, I'm not complaining, they have the best dessert I have ever had here in South Africa, besides the dessert my Mother and Grandmother make of course.

We had a series of lessons with investigators and members throughout the rest of the week and we are getting super fit on the bikes.  Boy are there some steep hills here.  It's all worth it on the way down, except when the brakes go out.  That has happened a few times.

Some random things that have happened this week.  On our way back from an appointment there was a dead body laying in front of a gas station that police we just getting to.  I thought I would never get used to that, but sadly I have.  Next, I don't know what's going on here and I have never seen this before, but as Elder Dutson and I tract we see a lot of dogs.  On this one street we saw a dog with bloody ears and thought, oh this dog has been abused.  Then the next dog had the same thing, but there were flies around the wound.  As we saw more and more dogs, we came to see that the flies were eating the dogs ears.  Probably one of the grossest things I have ever seen.  I would hit the dogs ears and the flies would just go right back!  Poor doggies!

We went to a member's home and they were watching the weather channel and we watched a little bit of it.  It was so weird to see the weather forecast for Cairo, Egypt and then for Baghdad and all the way down to South Africa.  It was like wow, I really am in Africa.  Another thing they have here that I have never seen before in an electric lawnmower.  Pretty cool stuff.  They also call a Doctor's appointment a Surgery and a surgery in America is called a Operation.

Well enough about that.   The work is really moving forward here and people are starting to soften their hearts to the gospel.  This is really the greatest job on earth.  Nothing brings me more happiness then to see these people accept the gospel and change their lives for the better.  I know that this gospel brings true happiness to those who are ready to receive it.  I hope you all have a great week!

Elder Segil.

No comments:

Post a Comment