Johannesburg Temple

Johannesburg Temple
Johannesburg Temple

Monday, December 23, 2013

Baptism, Hit by a car, and Miss a guy getting shot!

Well another good week here in Bedforview and lots happened, so I got a lot to talk about.  First as you can see below, we had a baptism.  His name is Dhiril Kilulwe Mulumba! (Dir-il Kil-loo-way Moo-loom-buh).  A little easier to say it when you look at it this way.  It took a while and many times saying it in my head to get it right and when the moment came for baptism, I nailed it!  He is a very smart kid and I was honored to be the one to baptize him!  I taped this program in my Journal and as you can see on the top right, it was my 97th day, but hey who's counting!





We did lots of tracting this week because most people are gone for the holidays.  South Africa shuts down for the whole month of December.  Most don't work and there is no school.  Their school starts in January and goes until November, I think.  They find it weird how our school year works and if you think about it, it is kinda weird that we start in the middle of the year.  Anyways, below are some pictures tracting!  Oh and while we were tracting, I was standing on the left side of the road because some places don't have sidewalks and a guy hits me with the side view mirror of his car while driving.  He stops, gets out and starts fixing his mirror.  Doesn't ask if I am alright, just tries to fix his shattered mirror.  I'm fine by the way!

This is someones Front door!

Catch Lizards on the way!


So we were at a members home earlier on Friday and they invited us back for Family Home Evening, but somehow we didn't get the message and never went.  We go to this family's house all the time.  During family home evening on Friday, they heard six loud shots and thought it was just fireworks.  About 30 minutes later they went outside and there was a dead man laying in the road with five bullet holes in him.  They were the first people to call it in to the police and the police said they are a little busy and didn't show up until a half hour later.  Good old Africa!

The next Morning!

We made smores instead!

Well it was a good week and can't believe Christmas is just two days away.  I hope you all have a good one and hope the spirit of Christmas is with you.

Cheers, Elder Segil

No comments:

Post a Comment