Johannesburg Temple

Johannesburg Temple
Johannesburg Temple

Monday, March 31, 2014

Good Afternoon!

Wow, what a crazy couple of weeks.  We had another Baptism yesterday, which went very well.  Her name is Mampe Sekhula and we have been teaching her for sometime now.  Nice to finally see her take the first step. 

So we went to Lion Park a couple of weeks ago and I am now able to upload the pictures.  We got to play with a Leopard and baby Lion cubs.  It was a lot of fun. 


He purrs like a cat.  Except scarier.


SIMBA!



Hey there!

He won't let go!



We got pretty close.


They were too tired to eat us!

The work here is going very well.  Lots of work to be done, so we are staying busy.  The Modjadji branch is progressing well and I love the people.  Well most of them anyways.  Some of the people here don't like us too much and think we worship Satan and call us Satanists.  These are the non members of the church of course.  When we drive by the kids they yell fire at the truck and run away.  Pretty funny stuff.  The village of Matupa is doing well too.  We have a congregation of about 40 to 50 every week.  They are not a branch yet, but they soon will be.  We just have to do our part and God will take care of the rest. 

I got a package from home this week, which was awesome.  I want to say thank you to Dalonda for the awesome treats.  They are so good and the kids love them.  Thank you so much for thinking of me and I hope all is well with you and your family.  I am trying my best to share the treats, but they are all so good.  I also got some Starbursts and Lemonheads,  I miss American candy so much!  Thank you mom, dad, and grandparents for the rest.  I love you all so much!!

Well that pretty much sums up the past two weeks.  I will try my best to write every week.

Elder Segil


No comments:

Post a Comment